10 simple ways to support The Salvation Army
The “army” behind “The Army.” Our Shield Crew. These are just two of the ways we describe those who stand beside us every single day, helping us to truly make a difference.
Want to join the effort? Here are 10 simple ways you can support The Salvation Army, many of which can be done at the flick of a finger right now.
- Learn more – Check out our mission statement, history, and programs that help to understand what The Salvation Army stands for and how we are at work in the community.
- Schedule a tour – See your local Salvation Army programs in action and speak with someone in-person. Give us a call at (210) 352-2020 to schedule a tour or go online and schedule a time that is convenient for you.
- Follow us on social media – Stay up-to-date on events, volunteer opportunities, donation needs, and stories of how your support helps us help others by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Share with friends – Whether it’s through social media or a verbal conversation, be willing to share any stories that caught your attention, or invite friends and family to join you in supporting us. It’s your personal passion that provides the best testament to and support of The Salvation Army.
- Volunteer – Invest your time and talents into Doing the Most Good. We have literally hundreds of volunteer opportunities across San Antonio and New Braunfels. You’ll witness first-hand how our programs are impacting lives and have the opportunity to get to know the people you are helping by supporting local programs.
- Clean out your closet – The simple act of clearing out any extra or unused items from your home will provide funding to support our programs. You can drop off any items you no longer need at your nearest Salvation Army Family Store.
- Pray – Pray for those we serve. Pray for our workers. Pray for our communities. Pray for financial needs to be met, so we can continue to serve others. Whatever you choose to pray for, your prayer is appreciated.
- Organize a food drive – Unopened, non-perishable items help provide food for individuals and families who would otherwise go without. By rallying together, you can help provide nutritious meals when you give the items you collect to your local Salvation Army.
- Recommend our programs and resources – If you know someone who would benefit from any of our programs, please direct them to your local Salvation Army and let them know we are here to help.
- Donate – Help keep our programs running by providing monetary support. When you give, your gift stays in your local community to ensure that we can adapt to future requests.