Veteran Homeless Prevention Program

This program is supported by a grant from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance.  The Fund for Veterans Assistance provides grants to organizations serving veterans and their families.  Qualifying veterans and their families can apply at the Goslinowski Social Services Center located at 910 N. Flores Street, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.

Services Provided

      • Homeless prevention services (rental and utility assistance)
      • Case management
      • Information & Referrals
      • Serving Atascosa, Bexar, Comal, & Guadalupe County.


    • Proof of service
    • Honorable, General, and dishonorable discharge
    • Veterans, dependents and spouse, and surviving spouse
    • At risk of homelessness on Utility Disconnections

For more information or community agency referrals, call 210-352-2020 or email Visit the Texas Veterans Commission website for additional information.

Forms requiring a visit to our offices include:

  • The Salvation Army Intake Form
  • CPS Account Consent Form (if utility assistance is requested)
  • Check Request Forms for Utility Assistance and Rent Assistance

Forms that can be emailed to us, or that can be brought in person include:

  • Your DD214
  • Two forms of identification for you and your spouse if married
  • Birth Certificates and Social Security Cards for Dependents in the Home
  • Copy of Lease (current)
  • Copy of Utility Bills (current)
  • Ledger, Invoice or Notice to Vacate with itemized outstanding balances
  • W-9 of the property, though your leaser may want to send that directly to us

Please keep in mind, all bills for consideration must be the most current available.  Additionally, because I know assistance can be time-sensitive, we are more than happy to speak directly to your property manager to inform them of our intent to assist.  Thank you, and a Case Manager will be reaching out to you by email/phone within the next 1-3 business days.

Fill out my online form.